• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Navigating SQL Server nested stored procedures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating SQL Server nested stored procedures

I'm working with some really nasty nested stored procedures.

Is there a tool or add-in that would allow me to see a graphical representation of a stored procedure and any nested sprocs. Ideally, I would then like to click on any of the nested sprocs and be taken to the code.

The idea is that I could open the graphical representation in another window and use it to work my way around the sp.

Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head I seem to recall one of the red gate SQL tools being able to do this.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Try Compare SQL Server Databases - DBA xPress

Comment

Originally posted by ribble View Post
        Great will take a look at it!

I'm looking at SQL Dependency tracker from Redgate (quackhandle pointed me in this direction), it's close to what am after but seems a little clumsy for what I want to do.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X