• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Touchscreen monitor (W8 pro x64)- recommendations anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchscreen monitor (W8 pro x64)- recommendations anyone?

Title says it all. Having a look on amazon there are a few - quite pricey for a big ish one (22-24")...

If I'm going to spend >£200-250-possibly more on a monitor anyone got any recommendations?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

my recommendation is that you don't fall for the marketing gimmicks - you'll get fingerprints all over it.
    Get a decent IPS screen for that price - 24" or 27" and enjoy the vivid colours.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
      my recommendation is that you don't fall for the marketing gimmicks - you'll get fingerprints all over it.
      Get a decent IPS screen for that price - 24" or 27" and enjoy the vivid colours.
      iPads et al seem to work fine despite being fingered, and you can always clean the screen and avoid using it with dirty hands
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        I'm using the touch screen on my laptop and finger prints are not a problem. In fact when I use the other half's laptop I'm always having to stop myself touching the screen, it's a natural way to work for me.

But, is it really practical to use a touch screen monitor, perhaps it's me but I think it would be uncomfortable to keep on reaching over to the screen. Unless of course it's for presentations and the like?

Comment

Sure it is, just not exclusively in a traditional setup.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Sure it is, just not exclusively in a traditional setup.
            What kind of setup are you talking about? I'm not trying to catch you out but I'm sitting here with two 24 inch monitors and it seems a bit of a stretch for me to keep leaning over to touch the screen.

Comment

my home system (windows 7) has a screen next to my armchair and I use a wireless mouse. As it's mostly for browsing, media player etc. I normally use the on screen accessability keyboard so upgrading to windows 8 and a touchscreen looks like a good move for me.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                What kind of setup are you talking about? I'm not trying to catch you out but I'm sitting here with two 24 inch monitors and it seems a bit of a stretch for me to keep leaning over to touch the screen.
                By traditional I mean the monitor mounted vertically behind your keyboard... this is fine for touching but you don't want to be doing it constantly.

But you could consider other positioning approaches if you are using the screen constantly.

Comment

Working...
                X