• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

http://www.whois.com/ Registrant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.whois.com/ Registrant

Hi,

Do you know if the registrant displayed on WHOIS, is the original registrant? Could this change over the time, i.e. the it's the current owner? If that can happen, is it possible to get a history?

Any context to your questions which might help with the answer?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's the current registrant. There is a service that archive whois records (domaintools.com) but you have to pay to access it AFAIK.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Any context to your questions which might help with the answer?
        I think the question is straightforward enough - I know there are guys on this forum that use WHOIS a lot and would know the answer.

The only context I could give is details of the domain I'm looking at - but don't see how this helps getting to the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          It's the current registrant. There is a service that archive whois records (domaintools.com) but you have to pay to access it AFAIK.
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
            Do you know if the registrant displayed on WHOIS, is the original registrant?
            No
            Could this change over the time, i.e. the it's the current owner?
            Yes
            If that can happen, is it possible to get a history?
            Yes - try who.is and then look at the history there
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              No

Yes

Yes - try who.is and then look at the history there
              Cheers. Looks like you have to pay to play - I only want to check one domain

Comment

Working...
              X