• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XBox one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox one

Thinking of pre ordering from amazon.

A lot of money it has to be said, 540 for it with COD and Forza.

I might just not come out the house for 6 months though.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just wait for a month after the launch, and then grab one off ebay at 70% of the price? I got my xbox 360 slim 250GB brand new off ebay by winning the bid at £120. Not a bad price. I am sure that the Xbox one prices will fall after a month.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

I think it will drop quite a bit after Christmas but november and december are about the last chance i am going to get for dusk till dawn gaming thanks to the wife so i am committed to an early purchase.

Game prices are insane though, 55 quid. It id going to put a lot of hard up families under pressure this Christmas.

They seem to be bigging up the point that you can turn it on by voice, find that quite disturbing really.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I think it will drop quite a bit after Christmas but november and december are about the last chance i am going to get for dusk till dawn gaming thanks to the wife so i am committed to an early purchase.

Game prices are insane though, 55 quid. It id going to put a lot of hard up families under pressure this Christmas.

They seem to be bigging up the point that you can turn it on by voice, find that quite disturbing really.
        Isn't that with kinect though? I have not read much into Xbox One, so forgive me for being a numpty. Because if it's kinect, then you can simply switch it off, and then it's back to good ole' xbox.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

I'm waiting until a bit closer to the launch to decide if I'm going for the Xbox or PS4. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot initially but they seem to have backed down about the used games and swapping.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Thinking of pre ordering from amazon.

A lot of money it has to be said, 540 for it with COD and Forza.

I might just not come out the house for 6 months though.
            A day's rate, 2 at most. That's got to be worth 6 months of entertainment.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

These may help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxdMQhDMIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ

Also xbox - camera is always on even if xbox is switched off...... so why not just invite the feds into your front room?

seriously avoid xbox like the plague it has been optimised for North America - half the features will not even be available in uk

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                A day's rate, 2 at most. That's got to be worth 6 months of entertainment.
                So the true cost is dozens of days' rate!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X