• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac / Wine question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac / Wine question

Anyone got any experience of getting NTLM_Auth working under Wine. Got a windows App I'm trying to get working and it's moaning that NTLM_Auth isn't present.

I've tried the latest version of Wine Bottler which claims to support it, and installed Samba under Wine but no joy.

Any ideas?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

My name is Mac and I like red Wine best
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Codeweavers?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Codeweavers?
        The app I want to run isn't supported, in fact they say explicitly it doesn't work (I suspect because of the NTLM issue). Hence the home brew approach.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think perhaps you don't actually need anything installed in wine. According to <a href="http://wiki.winehq.org/NtlmAuthSetupGuide">the wineHQ howto</a>, you just need the native ntlm_auth binary installed. Looks like winbind will get you there (I'm posting in ubuntu speak since most people won't be helped by the equivalent pacman output, YMMV) Am I mis-understanding the dependancy you're up against?

Code:
          :30 gavi@roun¤%&! which ntlm_auth                                                    │~                                                                                     
          /usr/bin/ntlm_auth                                                                   │~                                                                                     
          ▶21 ~                                                                                │~                                                                                     
          :33 gavi@roun$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/ntlm_auth                                            │~                                                                                     
          winbind: /usr/bin/ntlm_auth

Comment

Working...
          X