• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Any Progress OpenEdge bods?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Progress OpenEdge bods?

Anyone know if a Progress OpenEdge database format is the same in Solaris and other Unix O/S?

i.e. Can a database be backed up from one O/S type and restored to another (same Endian) ?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Anyone know if a Progress OpenEdge database format is the same in Solaris and other Unix O/S?

i.e. Can a database be backed up from one O/S type and restored to another (same Endian) ?
    Pretty sure it can tho I don't know Progress specifically.

Comment

Theoretically yes, but its not supported...

Progress KB - Can a Progress Backup be taken on one UNIX Operating System and be restored to another UNIX Operating System?

As far as I remember the only supported way to move between OS's is a full dump and load...
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Theoretically yes, but its not supported...

Progress KB - Can a Progress Backup be taken on one UNIX Operating System and be restored to another UNIX Operating System?

As far as I remember the only supported way to move between OS's is a full dump and load...
        You, sir, are a star! Many Thanks!

Comment

Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
          X