• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Progress OpenEdge bods?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Progress OpenEdge bods?

Anyone know if a Progress OpenEdge database format is the same in Solaris and other Unix O/S?

i.e. Can a database be backed up from one O/S type and restored to another (same Endian) ?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Anyone know if a Progress OpenEdge database format is the same in Solaris and other Unix O/S?

i.e. Can a database be backed up from one O/S type and restored to another (same Endian) ?
    Pretty sure it can tho I don't know Progress specifically.

Comment

Theoretically yes, but its not supported...

Progress KB - Can a Progress Backup be taken on one UNIX Operating System and be restored to another UNIX Operating System?

As far as I remember the only supported way to move between OS's is a full dump and load...
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Theoretically yes, but its not supported...

Progress KB - Can a Progress Backup be taken on one UNIX Operating System and be restored to another UNIX Operating System?

As far as I remember the only supported way to move between OS's is a full dump and load...
        You, sir, are a star! Many Thanks!

Comment

Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
          X