• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So which Patch Tuesday update borked my Win7 Ultimatze installation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK; today I applied the normal Tuesday Update stuff to WHS2011, Windows 8 and Windows 7.

The first two went OK, but Windows 7 barfed on the reboot and the only way I could get it working again was to go for the restore option.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a solution?

Go carefully folks. Make sure you have backups before you try this one...
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...letin/ms13-036 has the offenders details
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks but that article is appears to be the original text describing the patches.

El Reg: Windows 7 'security' patch knocks out PCs has a decent description which names the culprit

We are aware that some of our customers may be experiencing difficulties after applying security update 2823324, which we provided in security bulletin MS13-036 on Tuesday, April 9. We’ve determined that the update, when paired with certain third-party software, can cause system errors. As a precaution, we stopped pushing 2823324 as an update when we began investigating the error reports, and have since removed it from the download centre.
      and points to a Microsoft article on how to nuke that patch.

In my case that patch was still up the spout, having been downloaded during my previous attempt.

I unchecked it in Windows Update and applied the rest, and after a restart and further check for updates, it was gone.
      Last edited by Sysman; 13 April 2013, 14:46.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Done it on 3 Pc's, running different editions of Windows 7, all been fine.

Must be a driver issue I'd guess then ????
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
        X