• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IE10 standards modes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE10 standards modes

I had an interactive that worked fine in IE9, albeit in quirks mode, but it won't work in any of the IE10 previous standards modes. Basically, there is not a single IE standard in IE10 that supports the old filter rotate methods, tried umpteen examples on the net too but none of them work either. Would like to support back to IE8 but only way to test seems to be to use one of my old PCs that's actually got it on.

Anyone else finding any problems with the IE10 old document standards modes? Or am I misunderstanding what they are supposed to do? Cheers.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 March 2013, 18:00.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

This:

Legacy DX Filters Removed from IE10 Release Preview - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

suggests they still work if you set the site as trusted.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Great! Spent ages looking for "IE10 rotate not work" etc and didn't find that. Cheers.

PS BUM. Added to trusted sitez. Still don't work in any of standards modes but ta anyway.
      PPS But as one of those comments says, not much that supports IE8 or earlier anyway, so maybe I won't bother with it. Even Google goes funny in IE8 mode if I use Ctrl+.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 25 March 2013, 19:13.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X