• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evernote hack attempt - time to reset your passwords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evernote hack attempt - time to reset your passwords

Evernote Security Notice: Service-wide Password Reset

There are also several important steps that you can take to ensure that your data on any site, including Evernote, is secure:
    • Avoid using simple passwords based on dictionary words
    • Never use the same password on multiple sites or services
    • Never click on 'reset password' requests in emails — instead go directly to the service
    Oops. They just sent me an email with a "reset password" request...
    Last edited by Sysman; 2 March 2013, 18:46.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Evernote Security Notice: Service-wide Password Reset

Oops. They just sent me an email with a "reset password" request...
    They?

http://links.evernote.mkt5371.c*m/blah

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      They?

http://links.evernote.mkt5371.c*m/blah
      Good catch. I checked the source of the one they had sent me in response to my password change and it was legit.

But a later message arrived 10 minutes after I edited my previous post and that one does indeed have the dodgy address. the href="blah" points to the dodgy domain as well.

Despite Evernote claiming they can find no evidence of nicked data, it looks like the email addies were snaffled.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X