• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I get 10.5v 2.5a ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get 10.5v 2.5a ?

I have a power supply for a radio that has died - 10.5v 2.5a

These 10.5v don't seem to exist anymore - any idea who supplies a power supply of this odd voltage?

or will a 9v do it?

Sorry, my response was tulip. I'll try harder.
    Last edited by Archangel; 28 February 2013, 20:57. Reason: Alcohol induced tripe

Comment

yes, odd indeed - its a roberts radio - I spoke to their tech guys they said they would send me PSU for £50!

Its barely 2 years old - not happy with that.

I might give a 9v a red hot go.

Comment

What's the model number of the radio? What exactly does the power supply label say? Could be AC or DC output, regulated or unregulated, and if DC then you also need to ensure correct polarity.

Presumably the radio also runs off batteries or you wouldn't know for sure that the PSU had failed.

Comment

Its model no. Mp43 - they have known problems with their PSU's - their admission.

the tech guy told me the polarity of the wires inside that go to the PSU - so DC?

so my guess would be it could run off a battery - maybe not for long?

Comment

Could you get away with a regular 12V adapter as used by laptops, etc?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
              Its model no. Mp43 - they have known problems with their PSU's - their admission.

the tech guy told me the polarity of the wires inside that go to the PSU - so DC?

so my guess would be it could run off a battery - maybe not for long?
              This one? User guide says it's mains powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                This one? User guide says it's mains powered.
                yeah it is - I whipped out the PSU that sits inside the speaker just has a click connector to the main 'board'.

Comment

So you're looking for an internal PSU module?

RS-25-12 - STONTRONICS - PSU, ENCLOSED 12V 25W | CPC

12V nominal, but adjustable +/- 10% so should be fine imho. But you might decide that the faff of fitting it means the £50 manufacturer's replacement isn't such a bad deal after all!

If it were me, seeing as you've already extracted the board, I would inspect for obvious damage or burnt out components and then go round with a multimeter on diode range and check for short circuits on the semi's, then re-touch all the joints with a soldering iron, then consider a replacement PSU.

Comment

yes, I like to have a faff with a soldering iron but I think on this occasion it might be better to cough up.

They must do this 10.5v bidness to avoid faffers like myself.

boo! hiss.

Comment

Working...
                    X