• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Like for like iPad nano alternative?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like for like iPad nano alternative?

I've a 3g (I think) nano and really like it - I have a tool which lets me dump any old mp3s on without iTunes. I really like the look of the newest nano too, but I don't want to use iTunes and it seems a bit pricey.

What comparable mp3 players are there which lack the locked down side of Apple, but retain a really slick user interface and a similar level/approach to design on the hardware side? It's no use it being 64Gb for £10 if it's covered in nasty cheap buttons and so on...

So who is fighting directly with Apple in this space?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Do you mean iPod nano or iPad mini?

I assume you mean the iPad mini as you're talking about 3G - in which case, you've got any number of 7 inch Android tablets to choose from.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Re: Like for like iPad nano alternative?

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Do you mean iPod nano or iPad mini?

I assume you mean the iPad mini as you're talking about 3G - in which case, you've got any number of 7 inch Android tablets to choose from.
      Considering he's specifically asked about mp3 players, I'm pretty sure it is the iPod nano he's talking about. There have been various generations of iPods, hence the 3g.

Sadly, no idea about alternatives wrt build quality. I second the dislike for iTunes. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
        Considering he's specifically asked about mp3 players, I'm pretty sure it is the iPod nano he's talking about. There have been various generations of iPods, hence the 3g.

Sadly, no idea about alternatives wrt build quality. I second the dislike for iTunes. :-/
        Indeed, 3 gen, rather than 3G.

In which case, I'm not sure there are any alternatives which are as full featured as the nano, nor with the same build quality.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sorry yes I mean nano 3rd generation, I currently have this:

We're up to 7g now:

I was dubious about a touch-screen but playing with one in the store it seemed very nice.

Comment

Bought the wife a 7th gen Nano and she loves it, I have a 5th gen after looking for alternatives I found there weren't really many unfortunately. Sony do a decent Walkman range but it can be pretty hit and miss depending on what you want.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Kind of sucks. I understand the hardware is much more locked down now but the other things I;ve seen online look pretty ugly.

Comment

Working...
              X