• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sqlstate = im004

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sqlstate = im004

Puzzling this one. I need to connect Enterprise Architect to an ODBC data source so I can reverse engineer some tables into a diagram. Already lost a day on dicking about with the Oracle Client.

The error I am getting is :

"Unable to connect
    SQL State = IM004
    [Microsoft][ODBC Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed."

Popular solutions online include

1) Setting an environment variable for ORACLE_HOME. Done this.
    2) Changing the folder permissions on the client_1 directory (and subfolders and child objects) to include read and execute permissions. Done this. Even added "Everyone" with full control out of desperation.
    3) Adding the client_1 and client_1\bin directories to the path and trying in varying positions along the path string. Done this.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    I am using Oracle 11.2.0 client.
    The version of sqora32.dll is 11.2.0.3
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Puzzling this one. I need to connect Enterprise Architect to an ODBC data source so I can reverse engineer some tables into a diagram. Already lost a day on dicking about with the Oracle Client.

The error I am getting is :

"Unable to connect
    SQL State = IM004
    [Microsoft][ODBC Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed."

Popular solutions online include

1) Setting an environment variable for ORACLE_HOME. Done this.
    2) Changing the folder permissions on the client_1 directory (and subfolders and child objects) to include read and execute permissions. Done this. Even added "Everyone" with full control out of desperation.
    3) Adding the client_1 and client_1\bin directories to the path and trying in varying positions along the path string. Done this.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    I am using Oracle 11.2.0 client.
    The version of sqora32.dll is 11.2.0.3
    Did you reboot after 2? (you need to for the environment settings to be reread its a lovely gotcha when dealing with oracle and windows).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Did you reboot after 2? (you need to for the environment settings to be reread its a lovely gotcha when dealing with oracle and windows).
      I did.

Cheers bud

Comment

Victory. I scraped the client off my laptop using the special deinstaller tool you need to download seperately and run from the cmd line.

The instead of installing the client I installed ODAC, which installs the instant client and ODBC driver. That works.

So installing the Oracle Client, then upgrading the components to include ODBC using ODAC (which should work) was problematic for me in XP. Worked like a charm in windows 7 mind.

Comment

Working...
        X