• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CSS problem Firefox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS problem Firefox

Got a simple drop down from the net that works great in all Browsers except F* Firefox which puts the list further down as though there is an empty first line.

#drop {text-align:left;}
    #drop li {list-style:none; float:left;}
    #drop li a {display:block; text-decoration:none;}
    #drop li ul {display:none; width:10em;}
    #drop li ul li {background-image:url('images/dropdown.gif'); background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #drop li:hover ul, #drop li.hover ul {display:block; position:absolute; margin:0; padding:0;}
    #drop li:hover li, #drop li.hover li {float:none;}

...etc
    ...etc

<ul id="drop"><li>Shop</a><ul><li>Crap</li><li>Stuff</li><li>More Stuff</li><li>Things</li></ul></ul>

There's nothing in the container that would affect vertical position. Tried setting UL/LI padding/margin-top to 0px, making position absolute and setting top:0px. Nowt works. Any bright ideas? Ta.

***Cured by usual random fannying about.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 January 2013, 22:25. Reason: Sorted my son
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Working...
X