• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dropbox File Sharing Product

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox File Sharing Product

Has anyone used this product for file sharing and is it any good ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Has anyone used this product for file sharing and is it any good ?
    AFAIK the standard dropbox install allows you to share folders as default funtionality so not sure what additional product you mean?

Comment

I use it. Pretty good, supported on Mac and Windoze.

Happy to recommend it.

Comment

used it since 2010, even pay for it, no issues.
        Recommend it
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

I use it for a lot of things, but where it excels is a filesystem-like access to files on iOS devices, really handy overall.

Comment

Am I using Dropbox wrong but the inability to just copy a file structure in makes it next to useless for me? I just cba to re-create the whole lot or add another when I create a new structure.

I can't believe they have missed this trick so maybe I am using it wrong or just not being patient enough on the initial setup?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use dropbox a lot - share some pretty huge Photoshop and zip files on it (as in sharing them with other Dropbox users as well as using the Public link feature) and it never lets me down! I'm on the 100GB plan and a lot of contractors I know use the free version.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Am I using Dropbox wrong but the inability to just copy a file structure in makes it next to useless for me? I just cba to re-create the whole lot or add another when I create a new structure.

I can't believe they have missed this trick so maybe I am using it wrong or just not being patient enough on the initial setup?
                Sorry I don't understand the question. Can you be more explicit about what it won't do? An example would help.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I use it and its pretty good but also use https://www.box.com/ as a back up (this copies file structures with no problems at all)
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                  X