• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'private' one note / evernote equivalent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'private' one note / evernote equivalent

Is there anything like this that allows one to run the server side on your own hardware but still offers mobile apps and access?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Can you find one that integrates with Dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Can you find one that integrates with Dropbox?
      That's the thing, I really need the whole kit and caboodle on self managed hardware. I'm guessing sharepoint + one note might come close. I should have a look at mediawiki etc as well.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I used to have a usb apache server running pmwiki on my dropbox.

I could just kick off the server on whatever PC i was running on.

Comment

I believe this is what your looking for,

https://www.textdropapp.com/home/Home

Links into Dropbox.

Also if you use Chrome - SourceKit plugin will do the job too.
          Last edited by jaketame; 10 September 2012, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jaketame View Post
            I believe this is what your looking for,

https://www.textdropapp.com/home/Home

Links into Dropbox.

Also if you use Chrome - SourceKit plugin will do the job too.
            Ok. Can I run dropbox on my own hardware on a network with no internet connection?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Ok. Can I run dropbox on my own hardware on a network with no internet connection?
              No, because dropbox is hostd on the internet. You can set up similar systems using locally hosted servers. I use the 'cloudstation' app on my synology nas, it allows me to store files on the nas using a synced folder acrss all my machines. I use it when I'm out and about, but it would also work well just on an intranet. It prolly doesnt do everything you need, but there are other apps that will. The synology box runs PHP, so will run anything 3rd party that's written for PHP.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
              X