• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dial-up internet access without a BT line

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial-up internet access without a BT line

Does anyone know of a company that provides dial-up internet access to non-BT lines?

A friend has decided to sign-up to Carphone Warehouse's free broadband package. Carphone tell her that unfortunately they will have to wait until August to get their broadband connected. Normally this would not be a problem (they are not heavy users of the internet anyway), but no-one out there seems to offer dial up access to anyone without a BT line! (They now have a TalkTalk line.)

Carphone have said that the rollout of broadband is slow, but they themselves have closed their dial-up service to new customers.

Any ideas would be appreciated. (I hope I haven't missed something obvious!)

http://www.free-dialup.net/

Haven't tried it myself but looked at it when I moved into a new flat as an interim solution. There's no mention of any requirement for a BT line (that I could see). If you do try it, let me know what it's like.

HTH

Comment

Wanadoo pay as you go worked with Telewest before I dropped the robbing bas*ards.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Wanadoo is now part of Orange I think - http://www.orange.co.uk

Anyway, their pay as you go dial up works on cable phones so presumably will work with other non-BT lines.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
        X