• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mountain Lion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion

So, anyone upgraded? Verdict? Is it like windows where you wait a little for the service pack?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Upgraded just over a week ago, so far no issues.

Can't say it's a huge change from the previous. Few nice features but nothing earth shattering, although I do like the new notifications feature, and Airplay on the Macbook is nice.

At £13 to update every mac you own it's not going to break the bank either.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've upgraded, and can't really tell the difference.

It seems a bit faster than Lion.

I have had no issues so far.

HTH
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        So, anyone upgraded? Verdict?
        I upgraded on day one and have had no issues, a few things like Parallels VM's seem a wee bit slower but not annoyingly so.

Cant see much difference TBH. One good feature that I'm finding handy is the messages app so I can send txt messages to my iThing owning friends and family and likewise, if they text me (and its a blue one rather than a green one), then it'll ping up on my screen.

Comment

Only issue I have is that they have stopped supporting POP mail. Had to modify my old mail server!
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
            Only issue I have is that they have stopped supporting POP mail. Had to modify my old mail server!
            Have they? Didn't know that.

I use Sparrow anyway even though they widdled on their loyal users by selling out to Beelzebub and his little demons.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              Have they? Didn't know that.

I use Sparrow anyway even though they widdled on their loyal users by selling out to Beelzebub and his little demons.
              I can add a POP mail server - use the 'Other Account' dialogue....

Comment

10.8.1 has just appeared on the dev site!

Comment

Got myself a new MacBook air last week, and Mountain Lion is running very very quick on it. I've had pretty much every application on the machine running doing something and with no lag at all.

Notification centre is pretty nifty if you use twitter. Not massively different to Lion, but worth the upgrade price I think.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    I'm using Mail with 2 pop accounts plugged in no problems?

Comment

Working...
                    X