• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCTV network up and running

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cameras did you go for Scrag Meister? I'm wanting to use the Raspberry Pi along with an IR motion sensing camera to get some footage of the monster Badger that's started digging up our lawn.

Looking on Amazon though, there's a big price difference between cameras that look the same spec. Want to install it inside the conservatory but don't know whether one of the cheapy cams could capture at say 10ft range in darkness from inside or whether I'd need an outdoors one?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      1 POE+ 8 port switch. Check
      4 POE 1080p IP Cameras. Check
      Connect cameras into new switch. Check
      Connect new switch into current router. Check
      Open necessary virtual server port forwarding on Internet router. Check

Bingo, I can see my house from my mobile.

Sorry no tits here, you will get foxes though.

May let you know the ip, once I have secured it a bit more. They are currently awaiting full install on the walls of the house, by sitting on my office window sill.

Very pleased, taught myself something about IP, routing etc...
      Good stuff. What software are you using?

Comment

Fancied one of these Sentryscope 21MP CCTV LOL but in the end I got 4 LILIN IPR 1080p cameras, 30 FPS at 1080p res, best VFM (Quality v Price) IMHO, although not cheap, there is CCTV for every budget. IMHO there is no reason to get a camera where you can barely identify what/who it is you are looking at.

2x Lilin IPR320ESX
        2x Lilin IPR7424ESX

They come with free CMX surveillance software for recording and viewing, not as good as Milestone allegedly but works just fine.

Although I am planning to get a dedicated NVR at some point.

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        I'm fairly well aware of the DPA.
        Good stuff, I was just amazed at what minefield this was when related to use of CCTV for private individuals.
        Last edited by Scrag Meister; 26 June 2012, 07:40.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
        X