• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT FTTC install schedule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT FTTC install schedule

Anyone know of a schedule or tracker for BT FTTC? I can see them installing in my area, but want to know the date of planned completion.

Cheers.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

What I did was, when the new green cabinet appears, look out for a BT bloke working in it then ask him when it will be available!
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Anyone know of a schedule or tracker for BT FTTC? I can see them installing in my area, but want to know the date of planned completion.

Cheers.
      Go here and enter your post code. When the page refreshes you should see some push pins which give the status for your area.

At the LHS of the screen are a number of excel spreadsheets that give further details ie exchanges accepting orders, future exchanges etc.

HTH
      Last edited by BolshieBastard; 6 May 2012, 19:42.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

They are just putting them in where I live. I asked one of the BT blokes and he said its usually 2 to 3 months after when the thing goes live.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Christ, moving house to 80m away, with the phone coming off the same telephone pole as this house, the speed drops by 2mb to .3mb - 1.2mb...

According to that link, my exchange is available and accepting orders... According to Sky, they cant place an order. So i have to move to a v tulip speed and wait.
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

They are accepting orders where my office is...but where I live is not part of rollout plans. tulip!

I get 20Mb in the office, but a measly .7Mb at home..and these days I am mainly "working" at home.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              Christ, moving house to 80m away, with the phone coming off the same telephone pole as this house, the speed drops by 2mb to .3mb - 1.2mb...

According to that link, my exchange is available and accepting orders... According to Sky, they cant place an order. So i have to move to a v tulip speed and wait.
              That 80 metres (not 80 miles!?) of copper probably has high resistance. The exchange may be accepting BT orders but I think other ISP's may have to make their own changes in the exchange or install some other equipment and havent had time to do this yet.

Besides, Im certain BT will do whatever they can to delay other ISP's going live as soon as they do since they are paying for the FTTC and not the other ISP's.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X