• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7 - Auto connect to Wifi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 - Auto connect to Wifi

For some reason, my Windows 7 laptop has stopped auto connecting to my home wifi. Have checked network & sharing thingybob, and network is at the top of the list, and auto connect checked.

Any ideas please?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    For some reason, my Windows 7 laptop has stopped auto connecting to my home wifi. Have checked network & sharing thingybob, and network is at the top of the list, and auto connect checked.

Any ideas please?
    Rebooted Router?

Re-entered Wifi details?

Ditched Wifi and tried via Homeplug?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Rebooted Router?

Re-entered Wifi details?

Ditched Wifi and tried via Homeplug?
      Embarrassed... reboot of PC and router sorted it. I think it was something to do with no rebooting PC for weeks. had no choice, after posting this post all my internet stopped.

Sorry and thanks!

Comment

In the trade we file that fault call under PBKAC
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Embarrassed... reboot of PC and router sorted it. I think it was something to do with no rebooting PC for weeks. had no choice, after posting this post all my internet stopped.

Sorry and thanks!
          Do you have a static IP for your laptop? I think this might happen when you drop a connection and some other device poaches the IP address.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Sorry and thanks!
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            In the trade we file that fault call under PBKAC
            I'd dissagree... why should the fact that neither have been rebooted mean that failure for the wifi to work as expected is a user error?

From experience the one thing which windows 7 seems to really fail at is wifi connections. It only seems to appear on older hardware though.
            My 5 year old laptop has intermittant problems with the home network as does the clients laptop, the wifes brand new netbook on the other hand doesn't.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I'd dissagree... why should the fact that neither have been rebooted mean that failure for the wifi to work as expected is a user error?

From experience the one thing which windows 7 seems to really fail at is wifi connections. It only seems to appear on older hardware though.
              My 5 year old laptop has intermittant problems with the home network as does the clients laptop, the wifes brand new netbook on the other hand doesn't.
              Because it is Scoobos...

Comment

PBKAC?

Was expecting Picnic...

Comment

PBKAC?

Was expecting Picnic...
                  Problem Between Keyboard And Chair

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Problem Between Keyboard And Chair
                    Ah, a variation!

Comment

Working...
                    X