• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Laptop wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Yes - I had one and it broke. I had to take them to small claims to get the motherboard replaced after it failed after 2 days and they refused to RMA it at the reseller (because they could never get anything out of Acer) and Acer themselves.

They are absolutely crap build quality as well.
    I disagree. I accept that the keyboard fascia flexes a bit, but then a lot of them do these days. Other than that, my Aspire 1690 is great, good components for the money. As long as you have Acer's Advantage warranty bundled, there should be no issues with repairs.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
      I disagree. I accept that the keyboard fascia flexes a bit, but then a lot of them do these days. Other than that, my Aspire 1690 is great, good components for the money. As long as you have Acer's Advantage warranty bundled, there should be no issues with repairs.
      That WAS the Advantage warranty.

Dell has the worst build quality - their keyboards are impossible to fix.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Acers come with a gypsy curse

I had an acer laptop that suffered a faulty screen and was sent back 3 times to their uk 'repair' centre. They failed to 'repair' it twice, and by the third time I'd had enough so sold it on ebay as soon as it came back. I'll never buy Acer again.

Comment

Working...
        X