• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long before locking a domain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long before locking a domain?

Just changed the DNS Nameservers for a domain and info was that it takes 24hrs to flush through. Do I have to wait 24hrs before relocking the domain or can I just do it now?

Ta

Not sure about "locking" the domain, but when I've made changes via 1and1 admin site to DNS etc, it's fairly much instant. I think they 24hrs to allow it to reflect across the world...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Yeah, seems to have gone through so re-locked it.

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        Not sure about "locking" the domain, but when I've made changes via 1and1 admin site to DNS etc, it's fairly much instant. I think they 24hrs to allow it to reflect across the world...
        I've found it pretty instantaneous except for once when I created a brand new domain name. I discovered that the registrars in my country had set times during the day when they applied updates, so I simply waited for the next time slot.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X