• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VPN / Proxy or Whatever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    VPN to where, to protect yourself how? you would have to come out to the DMZ at some point, therfore encryption would be dropped from that point.
    To Sweden. Swedish laws are the closest the world has to freedom of sharing material. I wouldnt class myself as a pirate but my usage may stretch the digital rights bill.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      To Sweden. Swedish laws are the closest the world has to freedom of sharing material. I wouldnt class myself as a pirate but my usage may stretch the digital rights bill.
      So what would the brit gov see? Garbled traffic and nothing else? Surely they can decrypt VPN encryption and wouldnt you be waving a big arse red flag saying "look at me"...
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        So what would the brit gov see? Garbled traffic and nothing else? Surely they can decrypt VPN encryption and wouldnt you be waving a big arse red flag saying "look at me"...
        Technically yes they would just see an encrypted tunnel connection. Legally, when using the VPN, my legal agreement is with relakks in sweden as they are providing my service providings.

It could raise a red flag, yet I havent had any letters yet. There are valid purposes for VPN's. I used to have to use one remoting in to the clients servers from home.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          Technically yes they would just see an encrypted tunnel connection. Legally, when using the VPN, my legal agreement is with relakks in sweden as they are providing my service providings.

It could raise a red flag, yet I havent had any letters yet. There are valid purposes for VPN's. I used to have to use one remoting in to the clients servers from home.
          Want to PM a link?
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Any recommendations technical or paid for services that any of you have experience of?
            Yes, at the back of your pc/laptop/router you will see a network cable. Unplug it.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

WIS - iPredator as a VPN solution
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                Yes, at the back of your pc/laptop/router you will see a network cable. Unplug it.
                If you want to be really sure you should climb into a Faraday cage.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                X