• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS3 + Cinavia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 + Cinavia

Right, had enough now. I'm sick of Sony controlling what i want to watch. The two i have are going now, in the bin or Ebay i dont care.

They say there are work arounds for this protection, but I download 1080p + DTS format for a reason, not to re-encode to a different compression that then still doesnt work. FFS!!!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Apple TV, IVI for encode and never had an issue, dunno if I've been lucky or IVI removes it (doubt it actually).

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      I download 1080p + DTS format
      Legally or illegally?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Legally or illegally?
        It's a softcopy, not a bluray... It's only some films though. the xbox played it in full, so did the PC

Comment

It's a softcopy, not a bluray... It's only some films though. the xbox played it in full, so did the PC
          I'm still not sure what you mean there

Had the problem with one film I had downloaded - although I don't generally torrent films but this was an exception
          Ended up connecting the wifes laptop to the TV using HDMI.

AFAIK cinavia only effects some movies and is used to watermark blu-ray and DVD content.

Apple TV don't do it for now but I'd assume that it is only a matter of time before they introduce something similar if required. Sony, being also a film distributor, already have it in their best interests to protect the copyright.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I'm still not sure what you mean there

Had the problem with one film I had downloaded - although I don't generally torrent films but this was an exception
            Ended up connecting the wifes laptop to the TV using HDMI.

AFAIK cinavia only effects some movies and is used to watermark blu-ray and DVD content.

Apple TV don't do it for now but I'd assume that it is only a matter of time before they introduce something similar if required. Sony, being also a film distributor, already have it in their best interests to protect the copyright.
            There is only Sony that do it AFAIK... They have now lost my custom forever. Im getting sick the control people are trying to put in place.

Comment

So you bought a Sony content delivery system and now you're cross it won't act as a generic media device? So just use a laptop/PC like everyone else - why are you surprised/indignant? It won't play X-Box games either!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So you bought a Sony content delivery system and now you're cross it won't act as a generic media device? So just use a laptop/PC like everyone else - why are you surprised/indignant? It won't play X-Box games either!
                D'urrr Of course it wont play Xbox, I bought a wii for that!!

Its the fact that they are applying security to something which has been unlocked forever... Why is no one else doing it?

The fact its a media centre and can be controlled with a remote type device is the draw, a PC / Laptop means you have to control it from machine. The answer is actually a media centre extender, however these are in rare supply and also I need them to play MKV as everything i watch is HD... Suggestions? Cheap as, but something that will work...

Comment

D'urrr Of course it wont play Xbox, I bought a wii for that!!

Its the fact that they are applying security to something which has been unlocked forever... Why is no one else doing it?

The fact its a media centre and can be controlled with a remote type device is the draw, a PC / Laptop means you have to control it from machine. The answer is actually a media centre extender, however these are in rare supply and also I need them to play MKV as everything i watch is HD... Suggestions? Cheap as, but something that will work...
                  iTunes, IVI, AppleTV 3 and sorted, it's a two touch operation, download torrent, drag it onto IVI, its in iTunes with poster art and details as if bought in 20 mins if a big HD movie.

Apple TV is 99 quid, and the remote is 15 quid alone in Apple Store, and is a metallic work of art, I just love even picking it up. IVI costs a humongous £2.49.

Watching 'The Prestige' in HD now, - d/l to seedbox, 3 mins, drag to iMac, 30 mins (weakest link - 5gb file) , convert with IVI, 15 mins - sorted.

PS3 was venerable old warhorse, great media player, but that was then, Apple TV3 is loads better, and as I don't really play games, it's only of use for Blueray, of which I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    iTunes, IVI, AppleTV 3 and sorted, it's a two touch operation, download torrent, drag it onto IVI, its in iTunes with poster art and details as if bought in 20 mins if a big HD movie.

Apple TV is 99 quid, and the remote is 15 quid alone in Apple Store, and is a metallic work of art, I just love even picking it up. IVI costs a humongous £2.49.

Watching 'The Prestige' in HD now, - d/l to seedbox, 3 mins, drag to iMac, 30 mins (weakest link - 5gb file) , convert with IVI, 15 mins - sorted.

PS3 was venerable old warhorse, great media player, but that was then, Apple TV3 is loads better, and as I don't really play games, it's only of use for Blueray, of which I have one.
                    When converting with IVI, do you lose quality? can you connect to a media server on a windows 7 PC (TVersity) with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X