• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC CCTV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC CCTV

Does anyone use or can recommend a decent home security system? Been having a look around and thinking of putting up some cameras/spot lights around the house with recording capabilities through to my PC.

Any recommendations?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Get a synology nas, they have an app that dos everything you need.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

I was having a looky at a couple in CostCo over the weekend.

Swann - Advanced Security Made Easy

Anyone used them?

Complete kit; monitor, recorder, exterior cameras (4 IIRC) etc for about £600.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I was having a looky at a couple in CostCo over the weekend.

Swann - Advanced Security Made Easy

Anyone used them?

Complete kit; monitor, recorder, exterior cameras (4 IIRC) etc for about £600.
        The one I saw in PC World was £280 for the same.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If it's Swann kit and includes a monitor and reasonable HDD then it looks like a good deal.

Comment

Remeber your legal requirement to put up silly stickers warning people that they will be recorded if they burgle you. Or maybe that's only if you're filming outside your property.

If its to record the baby sitter flick'n the bean - try here
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

ICatcher for PC's, SecuritySpy for OSX/Macs

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Does anyone use or can recommend a decent home security system? Been having a look around and thinking of putting up some cameras/spot lights around the house with recording capabilities through to my PC.

Any recommendations?
              I ran iCatcher on my PC for a couple of years - good bit of software/well supported - and scalable. They're knowledgeable and give out good advice based upon your requirements.

CCTV Software & CCTV Cameras - i-Catcher Webcam & CCTV Software with analytics & motion detection

However I now only run OSX/Macs - so use SecuritySpy - again a great bit of kit - with Ben the software developer being really responsive to queries etc

SecuritySpy

As somebody else has said - you have to have stupid signs saying that CCTV is in place. But my neighbour was more than happy when I asked about putting a camera at the back of the house - as it covers part of his garden - so suggest you check with neighbours 1st.

Regards,

seyre

Comment

I work with a guy who has 6 cameras setup in his place over in France, he has an app on his iPhone to monitor them.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                  Get a QNAP nas, they have an app that dos everything you need.
                  WVS
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                  X