• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VeriSign Root Certificates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VeriSign Root Certificates

Worldpay have messages all over the place about updating these:

In October 2010 Verisign updated their Root CA Certificate. To avoid experiencing issues connecting with the WorldPay payment service, we are advising merchants to check that their VeriSign Root Certificates are up to date.

WorldPay Business Gateway Payment Service News and Updates | WorldPay

Anyone have a clue what they are on about? I know what a certificate is but how is it relevant to connecting to a card payment provider? Never used one before. Is it only for commercial shopping carts? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

If you use old software that does not have updated root certificates then it's possible it might think WorldPay has got certificate that isn't signed by known root authority.

It probably won't matter to you.

Comment

Oh, that way round! The only way I'm connecting to Worldpay is by action from a standard HTML form and Worldpay is then invoking a php callback script on my site, I think security for that is only a matter of the hoster's firewall settings.

Cheers AtW
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X