• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

digital TV for iPads.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital TV for iPads.

An advert for this just popped into my inbox.

TIVIZENTV Digital TV on your Apple or Android device - Humax Selection - HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

I wonder if it's any better than Catchup TV?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    An advert for this just popped into my inbox.

TIVIZENTV Digital TV on your Apple or Android device - Humax Selection - HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

I wonder if it's any better than Catchup TV?
    Is that a one off payment or annually?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I guess the big advantage it has over iPlayer etc. is that it doesn't need an Internet connection to work. That said, anywhere with a decent DVB signal is probably going to have wifi or decent mobile data available.

Comment

Except most people need a big aerial stuck high up on the outside of their house to get Freeview. What's the chance of this working reliably in your living room?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Except most people need a big aerial stuck high up on the outside of their house to get Freeview. What's the chance of this working reliably in your living room?
          Not sure that's the case. Most of the country can't get Freeview without an aerial, but most people live in cities where there are TV transmitters.

I've got one of those little USB TV sticks from Elgato which works fine in London with the little stick aerial it came with.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I've got one of those little USB TV sticks from Elgato which works fine in London with the little stick aerial it came with.
            Same here, I have a terratec one, a hauppauge one and a k world PCI card and they are all fine with crappy antennae.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X