• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everyday is a school day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday is a school day

I'll admit I am mainly an OSX user so this might be common knowledge, but on Win7 if you press the "Windows" key and a number 1 to 0 the corresponding taskbar program will open or close.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Yup, so long as you remember what order they're in (I auto hide my start bar)

Windows key + Tab brings up a funky 3D live view of all your open apps too
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      Yup, so long as you remember what order they're in (I auto hide my start bar)

Windows key + Tab brings up a funky 3D live view of all your open apps too
      Its second nature of me to use Windows Key + L to lock the screen and Windows Key + E to bring up explorer.

Am now tempted to just randomly press key combinations for the rest of the day

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

One that I like with PuTTy (or any prog) is if you've two windows and u want them side-by-side, drag one to left screen border, fills exactly half the screen, do same to t'other on't reet and it fill the other half. Must have learnt that from iSteve.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          One that I like with PuTTy (or any prog) is if you've two windows and u want them side-by-side, drag one to left screen border, fills exactly half the screen, do same to t'other on't reet and it fill the other half. Must have learnt that from iSteve.
          Have you tried holding one window and as if to move it, just shake it?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Its second nature of me to use Windows Key + L to lock the screen and Windows Key + E to bring up explorer.

Am now tempted to just randomly press key combinations for the rest of the day
            brilliant!!

I didn't know windows L!

Windows E yes, Windows R for the run menu, Windows M to minimise all windows

any more I don't know about??

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              brilliant!!

I didn't know windows L!

Windows E yes, Windows R for the run menu, Windows M to minimise all windows

any more I don't know about??
              me either.....love windows+L
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Its second nature of me to use Windows Key + L to lock the screen
                You beauty! Didn't know that.

My ClientCo laptop takes about 5 seconds to respond to a ctrl-alt-delete so I can hit lock. Just tried Windows + L and it does that pretty much instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                  You beauty! Didn't know that.

My ClientCo laptop takes about 5 seconds to respond to a ctrl-alt-delete so I can hit lock. Just tried Windows + L and it does that pretty much instantly.
                  WHS - just done that for my lunchbreak!

Comment

Alt-F4 is another good one

Comment

Working...
                    X