• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everyday is a school day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Just found out (on Scott Hanselman's blog) that Windows 7 includes a "Boot to VHD" feature, allowing you to boot to a virtual drive but use all your hardware in the OS. Nice alternative to partitioning.

Shift-F10 is about my favourite general shortcut key - it brings up the context menu. Useful in loads of places.
    Any link on that VHD?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Any link on that VHD?!
      Less Virtual, More Machine - Windows 7 and the magic of Boot to VHD

Win7 Ultimate can do this too. It's just one of those things I haven't around to trying yet.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Alt-F4 is another good one
        Just hit it to see my avatar...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Today's learn-dings is:

To switch to the local domain when logging on a Win7 or Vista Machines use .\%username%
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There's a whole load of them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...oard_shortcuts

A briefly amusing prank on XP machines was ctrl-alt-arrow key to turn someone's screen upside down if they left it unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              There's a whole load of them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...oard_shortcuts

A briefly amusing prank on XP machines was ctrl-alt-arrow key to turn someone's screen upside down if they left it unlocked.
              Briefly? Kept me amused for years

Comment

Working...
              X