• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

split screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

split screen

Hi,

Iv'e just ordered a dell vostro 460 mt for a customer.
    It comes with the following graphics card

1GB AMD Radeon HD 645

I think it has a dvi & vga socket on the card.

I'd like to hook up to this 2 vga screens, so that the screen can be split over the 2 monitors (not single screen on 2 monitors)

will this card be able to achieve this if a buy a dvi splitter with 2 vga outputs ??

many thanks
    Last edited by DaveP; 10 January 2012, 15:59. Reason: .

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    Hi,

Iv'e just ordered a dell vostro 460 mt for a customer.
    It comes with the following graphics card

1GB AMD Radeon HD 645

I think it has a dvi & vga socket on the card.

I'd like to hook up to this 2 vga screens, so that the screen can be split over the 2 monitors (not single screen on 2 monitors)

will this card be able to achieve this if a buy a dvi splitter with 2 vga outputs ??

many thanks
    My old dell will do this via the docking station.

From what i remember from my research before I splashed out on the second monitor, laptops will support 2 screens, which makes sense as I had been using the laptop screen plus an external (when available) for a while.

The monitors I got had VGA + DVI inputs so I didn't need any converters, just used the cables that came supplied
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Beware of the many DVI standards/connectors.

Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beware also of sellers who will sell you a 'DVI splitter' which routes the same image to both screens.

"wasn't that what you wanted?"

Edit, I'm currently using a card with DVI and VGA outputs and taking one output from each. Using a DVI-VGA convertor.

Comment

99% the card will support 2 monitors, that seems standard and has been for years.

You can try one monitor on each port... get a DVI->VGA converter for £2 if your monitor doesn't have DVI.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X