• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISEB or Prince2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rewrote my CV yesterday to have a BA slant.

Question - I have sent off my CV to a number of ads on JS and haven't had a single reply. Is this normal? When I apply for technical jobs I used to get replies within minutes. Maybe there are a hell of a lot BAs out there.

Comment

Always, always, always follow up the sending of a CV with a phonecall 5 minutes later. This gets you to the top of the pile.

Comment

Ok, I am doing that right now.

Just goes to show how different this is to the technical work I used to apply for.

Comment

That's part of the job. A good BA must be a good communicator so if you don't make personal contact no agent will take much notice of you.

Comment

That makes perfect sense, its just that I wouldn't have thought that agents cared. I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Comment

Update:

Phoning them seems to have done the job. Half of them you get through tell you that they will ring you back, but actually don't. But one or two are interested and want to know more. Thats good by me.

Comment

Well done. If you can get half of them to get back to you, you are doing very well indeed.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X