• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used PowerBasic or QuickBasic for Windows dev?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sas, I think you should use new Metro thingy in Win 8 ...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      You should probably try and hire someone who knows what they are doing and let them choose their tools, within reason. Personally I would stick to VS because it will be easier to find people who have a clue.
      I have a Bob doing some work in C++.
      I'm going to use these tools to mock up screens as communicating otherwise is proving difficult
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I'm going to use these tools to mock up screens as communicating otherwise is proving difficult
        So, let me just check that I understand it right - you want to implement your app in BASIC to get Bob do the same in C++?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So, let me just check that I understand it right - you want to implement your app in BASIC to get Bob do the same in C++?
          He uses a similar method as myself:
          Knock up a working proof of concept/prototype model, then get a developer to rebuild it properly so it won't crash when sneezed at.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No I just want a way of showing him what GUI I want.
            My question is that feasible?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

No I just want a way of showing him what GUI I want. My question is that feasible?
              Yes, just use free VB .NET Express edition to visually design GUI with buttons etc and send screenshots with explanation what they will do.

I'll send my invoice to the usual address:

sasguru
              HMP Wandsworth
              SG1 1GR

Comment

No I just want a way of showing him what GUI I want.
                My question is that feasible?
                Yes except for the fact that realbasic started off in the mac world and probably can't create perfect windows applications.

Download visual studio express and use that.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'll tell you what an epic fail is. Techies who care more about tech than product.

HTH
                  I don't care about tech nowadays. All I want from systems is something that works but can be replaced when a better one arrives. So nowadays everything is a Service Orientated throwing commands around.

Design everything around expected obsolescence and you end up with happy clients.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why not use visual studio?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Why not use visual studio?
                      He needs something more basic.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X