• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Infinity Cold Call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Infinity Cold Call

Just had one, effing liars!!

She said BT infinity just available in your area, wrong, been having these call for about a year. She also said she's 'run a check' on my line and it's only 5-7mbs. Funny, says 21mbs here (I'm close to exchange). Then she said 'oh, you have ADSL, 14mbs then' Eh? So then she tells me I'll get 33mb on BT infinity and that's ' ten times faster'

Hmm, so I tell her it's 50% faster (than my 21mbs) not 10x faster but she's not having it, 'I say it's 10x you say it's 50%' is her response. Ok, although I'm in a right argumentative mood I let that go. Next...

I ask about FUP - she says it's 30gb a month, I argue what's the point of that with super fast downloads, I could easily stream 30gb watching Premiership football but she says, no ur current provider, Be has a FUP of 30gb/mo - first I've heard!

I question her qualifications to back up her statements and she hung up. Nice.

Had one earlier today too, trying to sell me roof insulation via a 'government grant' - Indian dood, chewed him up and spat him out.

Yes, I've got a gap twixt contracts and I am a curmudgeon...
    Last edited by stek; 14 September 2011, 13:16.

Nothing wrong with fighting the good fight. Keep up the good work.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Nothing wrong with fighting the good fight. Keep up the good work.
      Cheers fellow miserable twat, I thought i was on TPS but I'm getting loads of these, trouble is when I'm 'resting' I quite enjoy the fight, but I get wound up and gabbling like a fool. Then the tears start and I'm on the Special Brew again....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Cheers fellow miserable twat, I thought i was on TPS but I'm getting loads of these, trouble is when I'm 'resting' I quite enjoy the fight, but I get wound up and gabbling like a fool. Then the tears start and I'm on the Special Brew again....
        Errr wasn't that meant for your "minestrone" log-in?

Comment

Just had one, effing liars!!

She said BT infinity just available in your area, wrong, been having these call for about a year. She also said she's 'run a check' on my line and it's only 5-7mbs. Funny, says 21mbs here (I'm close to exchange). Then she said 'oh, you have ADSL, 14mbs then' Eh? So then she tells me I'll get 33mb on BT infinity and that's ' ten times faster'

Hmm, so I tell her it's 50% faster (than my 21mbs) not 10x faster but she's not having it, 'I say it's 10x you say it's 50%' is her response. Ok, although I'm in a right argumentative mood I let that go. Next...

I ask about FUP - she says it's 30gb a month, I argue what's the point of that with super fast downloads, I could easily stream 30gb watching Premiership football but she says, no ur current provider, Be has a FUP of 30gb/mo - first I've heard!

I question her qualifications to back up her statements and she hung up. Nice.

Had one earlier today too, trying to sell me roof insulation via a 'government grant' - Indian dood, chewed him up and spat him out.

Yes, I've got a gap twixt contracts and I am a curmudgeon...
          I'd kill for 33...erm, actually 21..... erm, actually 14..... erm, actually 5-7MBs download speed

Out in the sticks, in a new development (ie no Virgin media cabling) using the old telephone lines of an old hospital that's being turned into flats I get a thorughly despressing 1Mbs download speed.

Comment

Trick is to tell them you are on the TPS and enquire politely "How did you get my number?"

Unless they are British Gas or BT they slam the phone down very quickly.

With British Gas (who phone my mobile) I tell them I have asked to be taken off your list, and I want their name to put it in a complaint to the Information Commissioner. They slam the phone down quickly. After about 6 months they stop phoning you for a while before it begins again about 6 months later.

With BT as they don't have a number or some tulipty 08 number so I don't pick up the landline as I have caller id. They did call me once on my mobile and I politely requested that they send me the paperwork to read before I joined up. Oddly the lovely Indian-accented lady at the other end couldn't provide this and cut me off.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I normally start with 'Do you know you are committing a criminal offence' it tends to go downhill quickly after then. Record is 12 seconds

I do that even if they are 'performing a survey' I point out that they are doing the survey in support of an effort to sell something to me so I consider it a marketing activity.

SKY still seemed to continue after then, having once had SKY they seemed to think they had the right to phone me at 9pm, I pointed out I had withdrawn consent previously and they were now falling foul of the TPS. They stopped!

NTL leafleted my house saying why not have 20MB cable, so I phoned them and they said its not available in your area , then bombarded me with calls. Had to start screaming at them and threatened them with a complaint.

TPS is great. You can do it for business numbers as well, cuts it down a bit.
              Last edited by vetran; 15 September 2011, 10:16.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X