• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Phone 7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely recommend doing a factory reset on the phone if it's feeling a bit sluggish.
    It will take a little while to get the setup back to how you like it but the performance boost makes it worthwhile
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Do the WP7 phones have sd card slots? I looked at one on 3 but all it had was 8gb of storage and no card slot. I think the hd2 had 16gb but I could be wrong. I think I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy 2 when it is released - my first geeky android
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Do the WP7 phones have sd card slots? I looked at one on 3 but all it had was 8gb of storage and no card slot. I think the hd2 had 16gb but I could be wrong. I think I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy 2 when it is released - my first geeky android
        AFAIK Windows 7 phones by design do not have sd card slots.
        The HD2 does as do most win mo 6.5 phones
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Yes, well sort of. When WP7 is first installed it spans it file system over all available storage. So if you have a 16GB SD card in there when you install WP7 then you will have 16GB + whatever your phone has as standard. However if you remove the SD card the phone will fail to boot and you have to put it back in there or reinstall WP7.

A lot of cards are incompatible so it's mostly try & cross your fingers.

Comment

I thought the WP7 spec specifically disallowed removable storage.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I thought the WP7 spec specifically disallowed removable storage.
              Yes, removable storage once it's already been installed is not possible. But you can upgrade your storage by changing the SD card, it just means reinstalling the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
                Yes, removable storage once it's already been installed is not possible. But you can upgrade your storage by changing the SD card, it just means reinstalling the OS.
                I think a hard reset is all that is required. That causes the OS to respan across whatever storage it finds.

Most of the currently available models do not have removable cards, but one or two do, although you have to remove the battery to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post
                  1) Same thing I said about the IMEI number, just ring up their support & say you need your activation number for a HD7 (Important), then quote a HD7 IMEI. They'll give you a new activation code which will work on your HD2. You might have to edit your registry to act like it is a HD7 not a HD2 but I don't remember doing it.
                  2) Yep they do, not sure on Outlook, but it does include a nice email application.
                  Just wanted to feedback regarding this.

I called MS Support and managed to obtain a WP7 activation code by giving them the actual IMEI number for my HTC HD2 - result.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Just wanted to feedback regarding this.

I called MS Support and managed to obtain a WP7 activation code by giving them the actual IMEI number for my HTC HD2 - result.
                    So have you got WP7 working on your HD2?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      So have you got WP7 working on your HD2?
                      Haven't tried yet - haven't had the time.

I wanted to get the WP7 authentication key first as didn't want a scenario where I upgraded and then couldn't get a key.

Also, I want to look at the instructions in more detail as I have a couple of other concerns/queries.

I'll update this thread when I have.

Comment

Working...
                      X