• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creating an iso image of an entire HD including boot info

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used an evaluation copy of Acronis to do this. But don't expect it to just boot inside Virtual Box; you'll need an XP install to repair it.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I used an evaluation copy of Acronis to do this. But don't expect it to just boot inside Virtual Box; you'll need an XP install to repair it.
      hmmm so it seems.

suggestions?

fixboot or fixmbr? - don't work
      Last edited by Pondlife; 1 April 2011, 15:30. Reason: crap options

Comment

I think I just booted off the XP CD and ran repair. The aforementioned guide suggests you can just turn on IO APIC, but that didn't work for me. Also having turned on IO APIC and repaired, I ended up with an XP VM that was dog slow (I mean obviously not working correctly slow), and I had to turn off the option and run the repair all over again.

It was something of a PITA, but it did ultimately work.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Reconverting the img to vdi again now for another go after wiping it the 1st time.

Comment

Working...
          X