• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Application storyboard/mockup tools

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application storyboard/mockup tools

I think storyboard is the right term, basically looking for a tool that can quickly mockup what an app looks like, including multiple screens, dialogs, etc, so an idea of how the flow of the app can be put together without doing every screen from scratch.

This list is one I came across: 18 Wireframing, Mockup And Prototyping Tools To Plan Designs

Previously I've only used Visio, and only a tiny amount. Any recommendations, or links to places which might have reviewed such products in more detail?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think storyboard is the right term, basically looking for a tool that can quickly mockup what an app looks like, including multiple screens, dialogs, etc, so an idea of how the flow of the app can be put together without doing every screen from scratch.

This list is one I came across: 18 Wireframing, Mockup And Prototyping Tools To Plan Designs

Previously I've only used Visio, and only a tiny amount. Any recommendations, or links to places which might have reviewed such products in more detail?
    Seriously I always used Powerpoint, some links and macros(if needed)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've used Axure Pro, Balsamiq and Omnigraffle. Out of those, Axure's the best for interactive, reusable 'snippets' of UI components, and Balsamiq's best for really sketchy iterations to refine requirements without getting hung up on the visual design.

Still - I prefer using Visio for wireframes and Flash for anything deeply interactive, but that's more to do with what I'm comfortable with and know all the shortcut keys for.

Comment

I've just started using the Pencil plugin for Firefox - works a treat!

Home - Pencil Project

Especially welcome is the easy way to create reusable bits in the "My Stuffs" folder :-)

Make sure to check out the additional templates and exporters

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        I've used Axure Pro, Balsamiq and Omnigraffle. Out of those, Axure's the best for interactive, reusable 'snippets' of UI components, and Balsamiq's best for really sketchy iterations to refine requirements without getting hung up on the visual design.

Still - I prefer using Visio for wireframes and Flash for anything deeply interactive, but that's more to do with what I'm comfortable with and know all the shortcut keys for.

Comment

Working...
        X