• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Media play confusion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media play confusion

I downloaded a free album as a zip of MP3s and copied them into a new folder in My Music. Media player auto-detected it, which is nice. But when I look at the album Media player lists every single song twice. I checked and it hasn't made copies, and I didn't do it... any ideas?

Media player even lists both copies of each track with the same track number.
    Last edited by d000hg; 11 September 2010, 13:34.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Off the Intraweb....

Originally posted by SomeMicrosoftSite
    you can use the Add to Library by Searching Computer dialog box to scan a folder on your computer that the invalid duplicate entries point to. The Player will remove the invalid entries in your library that point to files that no longer exist in the folder.

To use the Add to Library by Searching Computer dialog box
    Start Windows Media Player.
    Press F3 on your keyboard to open the Add to Library by Searching Computer dialog box.
    Click the Browse button to locate the folder on your computer for which your library contains invalid entries. Specify the folder location in the Look in box.
    If you are not sure which duplicate entry in your library is invalid, you can add a File Path column to your library display by following the instructions in the last question. Specify the folder on your computer that matches the invalid file path displayed in your library.
    Click the Search button.
    The Player will search for digital media files and playlists in the folder that you specify and will remove the invalid entries in your library that point to files that no longer exist in the folder. If invalid duplicate entries point to other folders on your computer, repeat this procedure, specifying a different folder each time.
    Also explains what to do if they automatically come back: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e/0089.mspx#EZ
    Last edited by Durbs; 11 September 2010, 13:55.

Comment

Working...
    X