• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desire - constant reboot problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desire - constant reboot problem

Anyone experiencing this?

Seems to be a problem since the newest OS update, Not sure if it's hardware or software related. Most of the Droid forums are split between the issue.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Hmm. Mine just worked. Is your firmware network branded or unlocked / unbranded HTC?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Hmm. Mine just worked. Is your firmware network branded or unlocked / unbranded HTC?
      Unlocked, got my technical person (aka Mr N) to look at it I've done a factory reboot, but trying to surf cuk on it seems to kill it every time.

Haven't got much in the way of additional apps.

Only seemed to start after downloading the froyo upgrade.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I haven't upgraded yet but waiting for an unlock code to arrive then manually upgrade to Froyo. Hopefully this will happen in the next couple of hours.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Unlocked, got my technical person (aka Mr N) to look at it I've done a factory reboot, but trying to surf cuk on it seems to kill it every time.

Haven't got much in the way of additional apps.

Only seemed to start after downloading the froyo upgrade.
          No problems with my Desire 2.2 phone. Surfing the forum appears ok from the phone. I don't know if you can do a manual reflash at all, but it may be a faulty phone.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Not keen on having to return the phone if it is faulty as it could take ages before I get a replacement or a fix.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not keen on having to return the phone if it is faulty as it could take ages before I get a replacement or a fix.
              I got my phone from Expansys, and they turned the repair around fairly quickly. I did pay a small premium for the phone though.
              Last edited by pmeswani; 23 August 2010, 10:16. Reason: corrected grammar
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Must resist taking the piss.

Nope, can't. Should have got an iSheep

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  I got my phone from Expansys, and they turned the repair around fairly quickly. I did pay a small premium for the phone though.
                  I'll give handtech a call as that is where I bought it from and see what the deal is

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Must resist taking the piss.

Nope, can't. Should have got an iSheep
                  last time I buy you a shandy

Norrahe's blog

Comment

last time I buy you a shandy

That's a scurrilous allegation.

Comment

Working...
                    X