• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desire - constant reboot problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Unlocked, got my technical person (aka Mr N) to look at it I've done a factory reboot, but trying to surf cuk on it seems to kill it every time.

Haven't got much in the way of additional apps.

Only seemed to start after downloading the froyo upgrade.
    CUK reboots my Blackberry after about an hour.

'kin websh!te.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Must resist taking the piss.

Nope, can't. Should have got an iSheep
      Of course apple updates are always flawless and result in nothing but gushing praise from the users
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Of course apple updates are always flawless and result in nothing but gushing praise from the users
        I know, I know, but she deserves it for the abuse she heaps on my phone every week at the CUK drinks.

Comment

Finally got the unlock code, rooted and flashed with a custom Froyo ROM. That got rid of the bundled Orange crap.

The first ROM I used wasn't stable and caused random reboots, the latest is perfect. I would suggest that if you're getting the reboot issue after any sort of update then it's a software problem which an update / bugfix will cure.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Finally got the unlock code, rooted and flashed with a custom Froyo ROM. That got rid of the bundled Orange crap.

The first ROM I used wasn't stable and caused random reboots, the latest is perfect. I would suggest that if you're getting the reboot issue after any sort of update then it's a software problem which an update / bugfix will cure.
            I did much the same, rooted, loaded a custom pre 2.1 rom then let it download and flash incremental update roms to 2.2.

No hassle and I got rid of the irritating Orange branding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I know, I know, but she deserves it for the abuse she heaps on my phone every week at the CUK drinks.
              I didn't take the mickey out of your phone last week

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

No updates available, it seems.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well it's gone back to HTC for repairs.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X