• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I wasting my time here? Android, Eclipse etc - Firewall/AV problem?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I wasting my time here? Android, Eclipse etc - Firewall/AV problem?

Mentioned in previous thread that Appcelerator was locking up or failing to build due to http error. Now getting nowhere with Android or Eclipse due to similar problems of failure to connect to net or download. Latest problem is that Android SDK and AVD Manager is telling me:

Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.
    No problems with net access normally but it may be relevant that Bullguard is not popping up to warn me of access as normally happens with unfamilar programs, so wondering if I have a general AV or Firewall settings problem. Any ideas before I give up on mobile apps, yet again?

Cheers

PS There's a solution to specific problem above on net but looking for more general solution to more general problem. Yesterday I could not
    Instal the ADT Plugin for Eclipse for apparently similar reason.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2010, 09:27.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Oh WOW! Got that specific problem sorted and it is now taking an enormous time downloading, mostly packages with (obsolete) after them. I am impressed, you can never have too many obsolete programs on your PC in my view.

Update: Uninstalled and reinstalled stuff with compatibity mode and actually managed hello world! Wow.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2010, 11:31.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X