• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Updating excel/word links.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating excel/word links.

My accounts are in Word document with numerous links to an Excel sheet that takes all the necessary info from other accounts sheets.

Am updating all my accounts to Office 2007 so the sheet will be .xlsx instead of .xls, also due to more rows/columns, saving as an .xlsx sheet has gone and renamed all my names for link cells from LABnnn to _LABnnn.

Suppose I will have to set up all the links again individually, UNLESS some CUK genius knows a quicker way? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

2007 word and excel docs are zipped containers. The meat of the document will be contained in an XML document.
    Change the file name from xoggoth.xlsx to xoggoth.zip and you can poke around inside, this might give you a quicker method to mass update lots of links.

Make sure you back up first
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Hey, they do open as zip and found all the link files. Whoda thought of renaming to zip? Cheers Spacecadet.

PS Could have sworn I replied earlier. Probably stuck it on some other post at random as usual. Why be boring?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X