• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yahoo, you suck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a real email address ffs
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Get a real email address ffs
      Cliphead, have you been at the toilet duck again.

For you'r benefit :

My mate in the seychelles (contracting) has had a lot of problems with email
      So, this means i t ' s n o t m y e m a i l a d d r e s s

you crazy drunk jock
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Cliphead, have you been at the toilet duck again.

For you'r benefit :

So, this means i t ' s n o t m y e m a i l a d d r e s s

you crazy drunk jock
        Sober for a change. Tell yer mate to get a real email address. A contractor, Yahoo! ffs
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          My mate in the seychelles (contracting) has had a lot of problems with email, chiefly outbound email. It would appear that the whole Island uses one SMTP server

And once you know this, it works.

However

The pop3 side of things has stopped working.

Problem 1, local seychelles DNS server does not list pop3.mail.yahoo.co.uk
          Solution, add host hack to local hosts file. Sorted

Problem 2, pop3.mail.yahoo.co.uk does not accept my friends credentials (EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN LOG INTO WEB MAIL using them )
          Solution, the yank server .com does work

Problem 3, local seychelles DNS server does not list the yank server
          Intended solution, do another host hack.

Problem 3, cannot obtain ip address of said yank server.

In conclusion, yahoo, your mail service sucks ass and I hate you so passionately I could throw my sofa across the room you utter utter *u***

Simples, swap to Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Many ISPs have problems being a telco, never mind running a DNS, so solves those problems.

Also many countries have their native ISPs block certain sites, Pirate Bay etc., by redirecting the DNS, so this is a good workaround.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X