• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Execution plan on Oracle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execution plan on Oracle

I've got these results from an EXPLAIN on SQL on Oracle:

Code:
    SELECT
      "BUKRS", "BELNR", "GJAHR"
    FROM
      "BKPF"
    WHERE
      "MANDT" = :A0 AND ( "CPUDT" > :A1 AND "CPUDT" < :A2 OR "CPUDT" = :A3 AND "CPUTM" >= :A4 OR
        "CPUDT" = :A5 AND "CPUTM" <= :A6 OR "AEDAT" >= :A7 AND "AEDAT" <= :A8 OR UPDDT >= :A9 AND "UPDDT"  <= :A10 ) AND "AWTYP" = :A11

Execution Plan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Id  | Operation                   | Name   | Rows  | Bytes | Cost (%CPU)|
    |   0 | SELECT STATEMENT            |        |  2223K|   137M|   391K  (2)|
    |*  1 |  TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| BKPF   |  2223K|   137M|   391K  (2)|
    |*  2 |   INDEX RANGE SCAN          | BKPF~4 |  2223K|       |  5181   (4)|

Predicate Information (identified by operation id):
    ---------------------------------------------------

1 - filter("UPDDT">=:A9 AND "UPDDT"<=:A10 OR "CPUDT">:A1 AND
                  "CPUDT"<:A2 OR "AEDAT">=:A7 AND "AEDAT"<=:A8 OR "CPUDT"=:A3 AND
                  "CPUTM">=:A4 OR "CPUDT"=:A5 AND "CPUTM"<=:A6)
       2 - access("MANDT"=:A0 AND "AWTYP"=:A11)
    )
    This looks to me like rather a bad access path. It certainly takes a long time.

If I pull out the AEDAT and UPDDT field out, I get this:

Code:
    SELECT
      "BUKRS", "BELNR", "GJAHR"
    FROM
      "BKPF"
    WHERE
      "MANDT" = :A0 AND ( "CPUDT" > :A1 AND "CPUDT" < :A2 OR "CPUDT" = :A3 AND "CPUTM" >= :A4 OR
      "CPUDT" = :A5 AND "CPUTM" <= :A6 ) AND "AWTYP" = :A11

Execution Plan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Id  | Operation                    | Name   | Rows  | Bytes | Cost (%CPU)|
    |   0 | SELECT STATEMENT             |        |  5647 |   259K| 81617  (10)|
    |   1 |  CONCATENATION               |        |       |       |            |
    |*  2 |   TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| BKPF   |    44 |  2068 |  3700  (57)|
    |*  3 |    INDEX SKIP SCAN           | BKPF~5 | 14808 |       |  3083  (68)|
    |*  4 |   TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| BKPF   |    44 |  2068 |  3700  (57)|
    |*  5 |    INDEX SKIP SCAN           | BKPF~5 | 14808 |       |  3083  (68)|
    |*  6 |   TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| BKPF   |  5559 |   255K| 74217   (5)|
    |*  7 |    INDEX RANGE SCAN          | BKPF~5 |   170K|       | 67134   (5)|

Predicate Information (identified by operation id):
    ---------------------------------------------------

2 - filter("CPUTM"<=:A6 AND "AWTYP"=:A11)
       3 - access("MANDT"=:A0 AND "CPUDT"=:A5)
           filter("CPUDT"=:A5)
       4 - filter("CPUTM">=:A4 AND "AWTYP"=:A11 AND (LNNVL("CPUDT"=:A5) OR
                  LNNVL("CPUTM"<=:A6)))
       5 - access("MANDT"=:A0 AND "CPUDT"=:A3)
           filter("CPUDT"=:A3)
       6 - filter("AWTYP"=:A11 AND (LNNVL("CPUDT"=:A5) OR
                  LNNVL("CPUTM"<=:A6)) AND (LNNVL("CPUDT"=:A3) OR LNNVL("CPUTM">=:A4)))
       7 - access("MANDT"=:A0 AND "CPUDT">:A1 AND "CPUDT"<:A2)
           filter("CPUDT">:A1 AND "CPUDT"<:A2)
    Which looks a lot better. Trouble is I can't find anything I can understand on the various oracle sites, what the Rows column mean. So I'm not sure my analysis is correct.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Ah, never mind. It's just an indication of the number of rows likely to be returned according to database statistics.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X