• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My ipod touch has died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ipod touch has died

Cant get it to charge, have tried several connectors and sockets.
    Am really fed up - It's a first gen ipod touch 16G.

Has anyone had any success getting these things fixed? or should i just accept Its Mr Jobs built in obsolescence and start saving for a 3rd Gen ?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

EDIT: before bothering with the stuff below, have you checked iPod's battery doesn't charge?

Make an appointment with the Genius Bar (horrible name, I know) at your most-conveniently-located Apple Store, or check online for other support options.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 24 March 2010, 18:44.

Comment

Buying one of these instead might help
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Buying one of these instead might help
        Are you on commission or something?

T-Mobile rang me today to ask if I was still interested, as they start shipping them this week. Signed up for another 18 months for £5 a month less than I'm paying now.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
          Are you on commission or something?

T-Mobile rang me today to ask if I was still interested, as they start shipping them this week. Signed up for another 18 months for £5 a month less than I'm paying now.
          Nope, the iphone is eVill

Not a big fan of mac or windows and prefer to run stuff on linux or android.
          Though windows is a necessary evil.

It's just a lot of the people I know that aren't tecchy have been taken in by slick marketing by apple, but then haven't a clue how to use the phone. ("it looks pretty", was the reply i got from one male acquaintance)

I prefer susbtance over style and the iphone does have its good side, but it's not for me.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope, the iphone is eVill

Not a big fan of mac or windows and prefer to run stuff on linux or android.
            Though windows is a necessary evil.

It's just a lot of the people I know that aren't tecchy have been taken in by slick marketing by apple, but then haven't a clue how to use the phone. ("it looks pretty", was the reply i got from one male acquaintance)

I prefer susbtance over style and the iphone does have its good side, but it's not for me.
            I have a first generation iPod somewhere at home. Not been used for several years now. My wife wanted one for ages (because her friend had one), so I bought her one. It has NEVER been used. I put some music on there for her, but she has never switched it on.

That was the last Apple thing I used.
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

<stuff about phones>
              I'm not sure stuff about phones is relevant to a thread about iPods

Comment

I have a 1st generation iPod as well which has been all over the world and now sits in my car and have had no problems yet. I got an iPod iTouch last year and also no problems apart from the fact that the peripherals for the 1st generation don't work with it, i.e. the charger, the JBL loudspeaker, the cable for the car which I means I have to have 2 of everything now. The only problems I have are with iTunes on multiple computers and syncing between the different iPods and computers as each time it always gets screwed up. I know there's a way of doing this and have done so successfully in the past but now I'm just older and stupider
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  EDIT: before bothering with the stuff below, have you checked iPod's battery doesn't charge?

Make an appointment with the Genius Bar (horrible name, I know) at your most-conveniently-located Apple Store, or check online for other support options.
                  Thanks Nick, I have already googled a lot around the subject and come to the conclusion its either the ipop connector thingy (port?) or the battery that's knackered.

Its a first Gen, so I'm not sure its as easy to fix as 2nd and 3rd, a fact which has been confirmed by the Gadget doctor

"Unfortunately replacing the port on this model is not possible, my only suggestion is to send it to us and allow one of our technicians to try and repair the damaged port, however there is a chance this will not work."

I may try in the apple shop in Manc at the weekend, but Mr P has just offered to get me a new 64G one as an anniversary pressie
                  So Steve Jobs wins
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Thanks Nick, I have already googled a lot around the subject and come to the conclusion its either the ipop connector thingy (port?) or the battery that's knackered.

Its a first Gen, so I'm not sure its as easy to fix as 2nd and 3rd, a fact which has been confirmed by the Gadget doctor

"Unfortunately replacing the port on this model is not possible, my only suggestion is to send it to us and allow one of our technicians to try and repair the damaged port, however there is a chance this will not work."

I may try in the apple shop in Manc at the weekend, but Mr P has just offered to get me a new 64G one as an anniversary pressie
                    So Steve Jobs wins
                    Why don't you get something from http://uk.store.creative.com/product...aspx?catid=213, they are a lot more reliable than ipods.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X