• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-Filled Ink Cartridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Filled Ink Cartridge

Went to buy a new black cartridge for my colour printer - £36.00 was the cost.

Have seen re-filled cartidges for under £10. Are these any good, or too cheap ?

The printer manufacturers will tell you that they clog the printers and give inferior results to genuine cartriges.

Of course other people say otherwise
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I had to chuck my last inkjet away after trying cheapy non-Epson eBay cartridges in it, gunked it to death and no amount of cleaning helped. Took it to local Cartridge World stylee thing to see if they could sort it but they couldn't and he says "some" cartridges you get off the internet can do that to "some" models (but of course the ink they use doesn't etc etc), so make sure you don't buy those ones.

I only buy real ones now as bought a decent printer to replace it and i don't want to kill the heads on this one. Costs £stupid though.

That linky above has good reviews though so maybe worth a try...

Comment

Hector tells me that red diesel will turn my Merc into a steaming pile of Sinclair C5. Do I believe him?

That's the real question shirley.

Comment

I used to have another business refilling cartridges both ink and lasers. Really liked the laser cartridges as you had to take them apart, replace parts, clean it all out and refill then test.

Point is, a refill is only as good as the person doing it. The market got so cut throat, others were doing ink cartridge refills for 4 or 5 pounds and making a crap job of it. This then puts people off refills. To get the best results, you have to empty all the ink out, flush and refill in a vacuum using good quality machines.

Even then, ink cartridge print heads are so delicate you can have failures. I know for a fact one franchise that advertises on tv does not test its ink refills.

Certain cartridges just wont refill or have a high failure rate ie Lexmark 16, 17, 26 & 27 for example. The amount of ink in a 16 is the same as you spite. Literally.

There are so many cheap Epson copy cartridges on the market for 1, 2 or 3 quid that you'd be mad buying them.

Best bet is to buy a 'quality' compatible or find a refill shop that evacuates all the ink by centrifugal force then reffill under vacuum.

Anyone interested, I have both machines available for 500 quid the pair (cost over 5grand) Oh and buyer collects!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
            Hector tells me that red diesel will turn my Merc into a steaming pile of Sinclair C5. Do I believe him?
            Family friend from IOM got tugged while over here not so long ago and because of the Manx plates they dipped his tank, seems the coppers know they are partial to a bit of red over there. S0ds impounded his motor until he coughed up a hefty fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              Family friend from IOM got tugged while over here not so long ago and because of the Manx plates they dipped his tank, seems the coppers know they are partial to a bit of red over there. S0ds impounded his motor until he coughed up a hefty fine.
              Hector sets up spot checks at various locations. I watched one session in Lewisham. It seemed to be mainly Range Rovers were culprits. The vehicles will be confiscated if red diesel is found.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Went to buy a new black cartridge for my colour printer - £36.00 was the cost.

Have seen re-filled cartidges for under £10. Are these any good, or too cheap ?
                The cheap refil kits will not give good colour, bought ones seem to be OK. I have given up on colour printing because it is cheaper to get it done at a print shop.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I've only had bad experiences with refills of various models. I stick to the manufacturer ones now - less hassle.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X