• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here we go again! Cos House PDF.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again! Cos House PDF.

Submitted my accounts to Cos House and was rather annoyed to get a rejection email. However, it does not seem to be any sort of accounting error, just another annoying fault in their f* PDF systems or possibly some field I haven't filled in, but I can't see anything and surely the checks should pick that up?

XBRL.CORE.XML.SCHEMAVALIDATIONERROR: CVC-ID.1: THERE IS NO ID/IDREF BINDING FOR IDREF 'END_LASTYEAR'.

I will phone the time-wasting barstewards on Monday but has anyone had this or know what it might mean? Cheers.

PS I note the PDF will not add 0+0. I had to put in 1 and -1 to get one bit to work. DO THEY TEST THIS STUFF?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

What software are you using to cope with the offending form?

A couple of years ago I was supposed to download some official form as a PDF and ended up downloading what seemed like a terabyte of Adobe bloatware just to cope with it. Ran like a dog on my system and I got into Adobe Upgrade Hell, so I zapped it and reverted to good old paper and ballpoint.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Ta for answer. Adobe reader 9. summit. Anything over 6 is supposed to be ok.

Think it's back to paper and ballpoint for me for both Co Hse and CT from now on. This Adobe based stuff is too frustrating. What was wrong with the HTML forms and server based stuff they had before?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        This Adobe based stuff is too frustrating. What was wrong with the HTML forms and server based stuff they had before?
        Doesn't look good enough on someone's CV?

There's a more fundamental point that they are missing here. Joe Public can't be assumed to have the latest and greatest O/S and hardware nor much in the way of computer literacy. Forcing Adobe on him is too much.
        Last edited by Sysman; 14 March 2010, 10:36.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X