• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone accessories?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    I'd invest in a dock or two and some spare usb cables.

I ordered half a dozen of these cables (two of my kids are always losing or breaking their cables). They work perfectly (many don't) and cost pennies.

As for the docks I bought two on ebay for the equivalent of few quid each. The original item is no longer there but if you search for item 260528799858 on ebay this looks like the same one.

I keep one by my bedside (I use the phone as my alarm) and one at work. Again some work, some don't so make sure it says works with iphone 3G or 3GS in the description. You may also get these on Dealextreme.

From Dealextreme I also ordered a car windscreen mount and car charger - much cheaper then buying locally.
    Ta, gadgetman
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Well, my iPhone turns up tomorrow and with it the chance to get hold of all of those 'indispensable' accessories.

Any suggestions on what to get?
      I'd recommend the Power Support Air Jacket for a case (the black one, not the clear one). It doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and protects the back and corners from scratches etc. You can get it from the Apple store.

I've tried tons of headphones:

v-moda vibe duo - kept breaking, I got through 7 pairs before I gave up.
      Shure E3 - wouldn't stay sealed in my ear
      Apple's own in-ear - wouldn't stay sealed in my ear. I think the headphones that you have to seal into your ear canal either work for you or they don't.
      Bose in-ear headphones - kept falling out
      Sennheiser MM 50IP - on my 2nd pair now, they seem to be about the best out there but I'm still looking for something better.

No-one has mastered the perfect pair of headphones - if I could, I'd have the actual buds from the Sennheisers, with the cord from the v-modas and the jack and controls from the Apple in-ear jobs.

A colleague of mine has the Mophie Juice Pack -she thinks it's great.

HTH

Comment

If you're serious how about these?

Originally posted by interested View Post
        No-one has mastered the perfect pair of headphones

Comment

Got a car?

I'd recommend splashing out £6.50 on this kit...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

I've been using it for a couple of weeks (with CoPilot satnav) and it's solid.

Comment

Great price for the UK. I got the same mount from DX here and a different charger here to go with my white iphone.
            Originally posted by vandiss View Post
            Got a car?

I'd recommend splashing out £6.50 on this kit...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

I've been using it for a couple of weeks (with CoPilot satnav) and it's solid.

Comment

I'd recommend the Power Support Air Jacket for a case (the black one, not the clear one).
              That review is pretty damning - I certainly wouldn't buy one after reading that!

Comment

Thanks chaps.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'd recommend the griffin SmartTalk headphone adapter for the iphone

has a built in microphone and a couple of remote control keys for the ipod features

you plug any standard headphones into them, and can then use them for voice calls as well as music listening without plugging/unplugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    That review is pretty damning - I certainly wouldn't buy one after reading that!
                    I haven't had either of the problems they describe - the rubberised coating hasn't worn off at all, and the scratches on the bezel are minor - almost invisible.

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                    If you're serious how about these?
                    I seem to have a problem with those in-ear headphones losing the seal when I cough, chew, talk etc. I also find that when you talk on the phone whilst wearing them, it sounds a bit odd, ie you can hear the person talking but you can't really hear yourself. I'm going to try the Klipsch Image S4i ones next. They seem to have good reviews and a well designed clicker with volume control.

Comment

Superglue is your only answer

I'd go for a pair of those custom fit ones myself but you can't get em in Oz.

I seem to have a problem with those in-ear headphones losing the seal when I cough, chew, talk etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X