• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McAfee SiteAdvisor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McAfee SiteAdvisor

Anyone use it? Any good?

If no, any good alternatives?

Linky.

Never used it, but Firefox and Chrome both detect sites that are flagged as hosting malware or being phishing sites and give strident warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Never used it, but Firefox and Chrome both detect sites that are flagged as hosting malware or being phishing sites and give strident warnings.
      Top tip, thanks.
      (I use Opera which, I believe, doesn't do this).

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Top tip, thanks.
        (I use Opera which, I believe, doesn't do this).
        Which version are you on? Apparently they added this in 9.5 - I don't know if it's enabled by default, but it can be done

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Which version are you on? Apparently they added this in 9.5 - I don't know if it's enabled by default, but it can be done
          Thanks again, I'll take a look.

Comment

Working...
          X