• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Broadband

Anyone got any recommendations for Business Broadband in Central London.

I'm looking for a service with good upload speeds (>1mb's) and maybe even SDSL (not sure client can afford it tho').

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for Business Broadband in Central London.

I'm looking for a service with good upload speeds (>1mb's) and maybe even SDSL (not sure client can afford it tho').

Not IDNET. I was with them for three years but when the system went down for two days I complained. Their response was: if I was not happy then go elsewhere.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Get Telewest/NTL business if you can - using them for over 4 years and they are top stuff.

Comment

Hey! If I get 30 miles of bell wire from Homebase maybe I could use cable.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Get Telewest/NTL business if you can - using them for over 4 years and they are top stuff.
          They are in the process of rebranding under Virgin Media.

They are very responsive if you have a problem.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Apparently Virgin Media don't serve the area of London I'm looking for (Oxford Street). I found a company called Urban WiMax that do wireless links but still waiting to for quote to see if it's out of scope.

Anyone used them or the other alternatives BE or Bulldog (now part of Pipex).

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They are in the process of rebranding under Virgin Media.

They are very responsive if you have a problem.
              They are very good - no caps, and in like 4 years I have had maybe couple of hours of downtime, it is very hard to get better than that especially if you plan to use your line heavily.

On Oxford street it might be worth going ADSL (should be available surely?) - I don't trust wireless ...

Also WiMax stuff is likely to be capped - wireless just hansn't got the capacity, but then again if you just want to browse/send emails then you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                They are very good - no caps, and in like 4 years I have had maybe couple of hours of downtime, it is very hard to get better than that especially if you plan to use your line heavily.

On Oxford street it might be worth going ADSL (should be available surely?) - I don't trust wireless ...

Also WiMax stuff is likely to be capped - wireless just hansn't got the capacity, but then again if you just want to browse/send emails then you should be ok.
                No caps on the WiMax and because it is a point to point link there is no contention either. Plus the upload speed is the same as the download.

They do recommend an ADSL line as backup which of course is available on Oxford Street, but the suppliers of 24Mb broadband are limited to a just a few, BE looking the best of the bunch.

Comment

Be is good (unless you have problem with noisy phone line which is BT issue).

Comment

Check out Nildram (http://www.nildram.net)

Comment

Working...
                    X